See below for details and syntax for specific SAP ABAP statements but also note there are a few basic syntax rules which are valid
for writing all ABAP code including:
• All statements must end with period/full stop (Example: SELECT * from EKKO into it_ekko.)
• ABAP statements and keywords are not case sensitive (Example: SELECT, Select, select).
• String values are enclosed within single quotes (Example: ld_string = 'Hello World'.)
• You can use * or " for commenting purposes. * must be placed at the start of the line and " can be placed any where.
Example using all of the above syntax rules
* The select statement retrieves data from the ekko table * into an internal table called it_ekko Select * FROM ekko "get data for ekko table into TABLE it_ekko WhERe ebeln = '12345'. "only retrieves values that match this where clause "Note: You can use the pretty printer functionality to auto format your code[+] Variable manipulation(TRANSLATE, CONDENSE, TAB, ROUND, MOD..)